dMZX Forums: Can't link newest megazeux version - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Some simple tips when posting problems:

1) Read FAQs first, and then other recent bug posts and entries in the Bug Tracker. The problem has, often, been already addressed. Redundant reports just waste time.

2) Make sure you explain exactly when the problem happens. If impossible, narrow down the problem to a few possible causes.

3) Go into specifics about your computer and MZX settings. Are you running MZX on Windows, Linux, Mac OS, a PSP, or something else? What versions of these OSes (Tiger vs Leopard, XP vs Vista, 32-bit vs 64-bit, etc)? How is MZX set up? If your problem is regarding a certain aspect of MZX (such as the display), what are the relevant settings in the config file?

Thanks, Management.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't link newest megazeux version 2.84c works fine

#1 User is offline   nooodl 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 28-October 06
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

When I try to compile the master branch from github, everything works fine (for example, mzxrun's working) up to this point:
  MKDIR    src/editor/.build
  CC       src/editor/board.c
  CC       src/editor/block.c
  CC       src/editor/configure.c
  CC       src/editor/char_ed.c
  CC       src/editor/debug.c
  CC       src/editor/edit.c
  CC       src/editor/edit_di.c
  CC       src/editor/fill.c
  CC       src/editor/graphics.c
  CC       src/editor/macro.c
  CC       src/editor/pal_ed.c
  CC       src/editor/param.c
  CC       src/editor/robo_debug.c
  CC       src/editor/robo_ed.c
  CC       src/editor/robot.c
  CC       src/editor/sfx_edit.c
  CC       src/editor/window.c
  CC       src/editor/world.c
  LINK     libeditor.so
  CC       src/updater.c
  LINK     megazeux
./libeditor.so: undefined reference to `sdl_window_id'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [megazeux] Error 1

However, I had no issues compiling 2.84c at all. Any idea what could cause this? (I'm running xubuntu by the way. (I actually have no idea what additional info to give here because what is this issue even?!))

This post has been edited by nooodl: 10 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

1

#2 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

  • 電波、届いた?
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 8,936
  • Joined: 20-March 02
  • Location:ur mom nmiaow

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

EDIT: Actually, this could simply be a bug - sdl_window_id is probably not a symbol in SDL2. I'd say MegaZeux declares it somewhere but #ifdefs out the declaration if SDL2 isn't configured in-- and uses it somewhere else that isn't #ifdef'd out.

i.e. post this in the tracker
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(
0

#3 User is offline   Lachesis 

  • the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 3,895
  • Joined: 17-July 04
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sealand

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

BUG TRACKER

Anyway yeah you're trying to use the wrong SDL version maybe. if you're using SDL 2.0, use --enable-libsdl2
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository
0

#4 User is offline   Lachesis 

  • the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 3,895
  • Joined: 17-July 04
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sealand

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

ajs fixed it. It should build now.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users