Unbound sprites help!
#1
Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:37 PM
Second question: does the draw order of sprites change when you introduce unbound sprites? it appears an unbound sprite with a lower sprite number is now appearing above higher numbered sprites. it's as if spr_yorder is set to 1 because two unbound sprites changed draw order as they passed through one another.
Third question: what is with the text box and all text within it appearing black when an unbound sprite is present on the screen. is this a bug?
more questions to follow I'm sure. Thanks
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#2
Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:48 PM
Second and third: These sound like bugs, please provide steps to reproduce / example .MZXs and post in the Bug Tracker. The draw order of sprites should not change and I'm not sure which text box you're referring to but it almost certainly should not appear black. Note that your renderer (your video_output config option) is important when it comes to unbound sprites so make sure to mention that as well.

<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(
#3
Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:10 AM
I spent several days just getting my game to display objects and the menus properly and had about a bazillion mysterious graphical issues that ended up being mostly minor mistakes in my code or me not accounting for the way some other thing was running (if you're using SMZX indexing, note that setting SMZX_MODE will reset your indices).
The third thing you listed specifically sounds like a glsl renderer specific bug. Have you tried opengl/opengl2/overlay? What is your graphics card model?
xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository
#4
Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:09 PM
Lachesis, on 03 July 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:
I spent several days just getting my game to display objects and the menus properly and had about a bazillion mysterious graphical issues that ended up being mostly minor mistakes in my code or me not accounting for the way some other thing was running (if you're using SMZX indexing, note that setting SMZX_MODE will reset your indices).
The third thing you listed specifically sounds like a glsl renderer specific bug. Have you tried opengl/opengl2/overlay? What is your graphics card model?
Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M. I tried opengl1 & 2 and got the same result. I tried overlay1 & 2 and because overlay2 does not currently work correctly with the advanced graphical features and disables them, I am able to see the text box and text rendered in the correct colors.
I will report this over in the bug tracker as well and include a copy of my game. I haven't been able to isolate the problem for you yet and put it into a game with less overhead.
This post has been edited by Graham: 04 July 2017 - 08:10 PM
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#5
Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(
#6
Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:46 AM
Dr Lancer-X, on 04 July 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:
That helps very much, thanks!
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#7
Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:34 AM
that is the simplest, quickest way I can think to do all of the screen scrolling and position checking I need my robot to do for my player sprite. Am I missing anything? Thanks again
This post has been edited by Graham: 06 July 2017 - 02:34 AM
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#8
Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:37 AM

<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(
#9
Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:01 AM
Dr Lancer-X, on 05 July 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:
ok, thanks
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#10
Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:18 AM
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#11
Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:52 AM
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey
#12
Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:24 AM
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

Help







