dMZX Forums: Woo! ZZT for the Dreamcast! - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Woo! ZZT for the Dreamcast! www.dcemulation.com for details..

#1 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 16 June 2001 - 11:22 PM

That's right, someone ported ZZT to the DC....in other words, MZX COULD be next, if someone was willing to port it...course, someone probably already found out about this...so...bye!
0

#2 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2001 - 11:25 PM

This sounds awesome, I'd love to play some of the Tyrone games on my actual television :)
0

#3 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 16 June 2001 - 11:27 PM

And I own a DC! Aha! I knew it'd come in handy some day!
0

#4 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 16 June 2001 - 11:43 PM

You know, this is almost useless if you own a DC made after late 2000. Sega changed the CD hardware in the DC to prevent piracy by ripping data from the game discs and posting it online. Then all the pirates needed to do is burn the data to a CD using a CDRW drive, and it would play. Newer DC's can't read CD-ROMs or CD-R(W)'s. So, if you bought a DC at launch, you can run DreamZZT.
0

#5 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 16 June 2001 - 11:48 PM

Ah, but wildweasel, you're forgetting simple things like the Utopia Boot CD. On top of that, I bought a Dreamcast on 9/9/99, at 7:30 am, no less.
0

#6 User is offline   Goshi 

  • I'm dreadful of DRAGON.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,146
  • Joined: 23-April 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hihoukan

Posted 17 June 2001 - 01:35 AM

Here's something how fast does the player go.
0

#7 User is offline   NoahSoft 

  • DMZX Fo' Life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,552
  • Joined: 14-May 01
  • Location:Canada

Posted 17 June 2001 - 02:26 PM

hiss! boo!! dreamcast is a waste of money. But here's an idea!!! Spend even more money on an keyboard that you'll only use once!!! ooh! money wasting is fun fun!
0

#8 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 17 June 2001 - 05:54 PM

Noah! You suck! No one asked for your opinion! Bwah!
0

#9 User is offline   RoSS 

  • RIP Fred Friedberg 2004
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,283
  • Joined: 22-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right in front of behind you.

Posted 20 June 2001 - 12:29 AM

Noahsoft made a very good point! :-) this is to all those anti sony and pro sega idiots (well, at least misguided peoples). sorry if i offended anybody.
0

#10 User is offline   NoahSoft 

  • DMZX Fo' Life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,552
  • Joined: 14-May 01
  • Location:Canada

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:06 AM

Thanks RoSS type entity.
0

#11 User is offline   NoahSoft 

  • DMZX Fo' Life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,552
  • Joined: 14-May 01
  • Location:Canada

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:08 AM

I shoulda mentioned this earlier. But... go to Spectre.uni.cc to get another game I made. IT's called SPY. It uses ANSI Graphics, and it has liek 5 different endings. All the endings are on one board. IT's okay. It has a few mini-games.
0

#12 User is offline   Exophase 

  • Laughing on the inside.
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 7,155
  • Joined: 23-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, OH

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:10 AM

Enh, you're coming off much more biased than he is. Come off it.

- Exo

0

#13 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:28 AM

Quote:
Quote: from RoSS on 7:29 pm on June 19, 2001
Noahsoft made a very good point! :-) this is to all those anti sony and pro sega idiots (well, at least misguided peoples). sorry if i offended anybody.
[/quote]

Yeah, you've offended me. You sir, are an idiot, and can't appreciate a good game. I bought my DC keyboard for just "one game" (PSO) and I've had a LOT of fun with it.. Although due to my shitty ISP while I'm at home, I haven't really played this summer and am waiting to get back to school with my more reliable connection..

..then again, it is I who has the last laugh.. when about 75% of all the good PS2 games will be from SEGA.

0

#14 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:47 AM

Thank you! SEGA/Luke (I think...), YOU ()////Z! PSO |2()><()|25 your 5()><()|25! (Roxors your Soxors for those of you that don't speak leet.)
0

#15 User is offline   Bocco 

  • Some guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 09-February 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:51 AM

SEGA: Then the other 25% will be by Squaresoft? :p
0

#16 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2001 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Bocco on 9:51 pm on June 19, 2001
SEGA: Then the other 25% will be by Squaresoft? :P[/quote]

No.. The other 25% will be by other companies.. Squaresoft is pretty mediocre nowadays, esp. with their "FF8-2" (aka FF10) coming.

0

#17 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 03:49 AM

Tidus is EEEVIL I TELL YOU! EVIL! Bwaaaaah! I dun wanna play as a gay crossdresser! Bwah! Squall and Laguana (sp?) were enough, and, man, not only that, but AARGH! No wonder Squall's such an idiot, Laguana's his dad! AGH!
0

#18 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 22 June 2001 - 08:34 PM

Jump back a few posts...

Does anybody know where I could find this "Utopia Boot CD" for DreamCast? I need it desperately (I only bought my DC last week...). If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, FF10 looks cool. Stop dissing it.

0

#19 User is offline   Goshi 

  • I'm dreadful of DRAGON.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,146
  • Joined: 23-April 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hihoukan

Posted 23 June 2001 - 02:29 AM

If I jump back to NoahSoft post about the wasting money
here's something...
DREAMCAST ROT S YOU YOUR LITTLE PUNY BRAIN!!!!!!!!
So buy a nwe one :p
0

#20 User is offline   Maverick 

  • Batsu Certified
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 1,593
  • Joined: 03-August 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma, USA

Posted 23 June 2001 - 02:58 AM

How the heck a post about ZZT on a console turns into a flame war is beyond me. I think this topic is fairly well exhausted. Consider it locked.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users