dMZX Forums: Game Graphics Tutorial - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game Graphics Tutorial big help for everyone

#1 User is offline   Akwende 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 03-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 June 2001 - 06:32 AM

Check out Tsugumo's great tutorial about making tile-based graphics for games.  While it is mainly aimed at RPGs with the focus going towards snes games, the lessons are useful to everyone.  Even mzxers can benefit from the theoris behind sprite graphics in 2 colors.

http://24.70.255.173...ial/default.htm

0

#2 User is offline   Nanobot 

  • It's in your blood
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,623
  • Joined: 11-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chico, CA (USA)

Posted 23 June 2001 - 06:48 PM

That's pretty cool. Has anyone checked out his games? Apparently he likes making games in QBasic. The graphics are really cool. I actually sent him an e-mail, and in it I explained about MegaZeux and stuff. Think we'll see him making games here anytime soon? :)
0

#3 User is offline   TTelephone 

  • Nothing Special
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,158
  • Joined: 20-October 00

Posted 23 June 2001 - 08:33 PM

Psst.. I used to make gamed in Qbasic with the Future Library thingie. However, Online games has gotten me less motivated to become creative.
0

#4 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 23 June 2001 - 10:46 PM

This helped a lot, now I can make halfway decent GFX in RPG Maker.
0

#5 User is offline   Spike 

  • I had nothing to do with it.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: 24-October 00

Posted 24 June 2001 - 07:48 PM

That's a great site for it, not only for RPG's, I used some of his tips to spruce up my screensaver I made with The Games Factory (www.clickteam.com).

-Spike

0

#6 User is offline   inmate2993 

  • Not an actual sockpuppet.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,024
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Mystery Bronx Theater 3000

Posted 24 June 2001 - 08:28 PM

Pretty cool.  Kudos Akwende.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users