dMZX Forums: What was the first MZX game you ever played? - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What was the first MZX game you ever played? Aah, nostalgia... (if Caverns, please put the next)

#1 User is offline   Terryn 

  • ******
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 2,960
  • Joined: 12-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 01:52 PM

So, what was your first MZX game ever played?

-I didn't play Caverns first *suprise*; instead I played Super Zero 2 first.  
-Flik! was next.
-Caverns was a distant third.


0

#2 User is offline   Bocco 

  • Some guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 09-February 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 03:00 PM

I played Smiley RPG first... the name sounded fun. Then Caverns.
0

#3 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 03:41 PM

Probably Freakish Town or Weirdness.. or this one Space game by MegaKev, that was cool but weird (is that game still available or naah)??? Freakish Town kicked ass. Or also KM's Univers.. that game was EPIC!
0

#4 User is offline   Tixus 

  • cancelled by fox
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 1,841
  • Joined: 11-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 13 June 2001 - 03:56 PM

MZX Tutorial.
0

#5 User is offline   Padogle 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 473
  • Joined: 11-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 04:31 PM

In actuallity, the first game i ever played was Doomsday Dreams by Cecil16. Then came caverns, and then, good lord, the games kept coming at me so fast I didn't know what to do! =P
0

#6 User is offline   arden drake 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 13-June 01

Posted 13 June 2001 - 04:37 PM

Well, the first Megazeux game I've played was either Eggplant Adventure or Dark Ages. I can't remember.

Oh yeah, my first post. Ain't that somethin'

0

#7 User is offline   fejjy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 77
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Location:Everywhere

Posted 13 June 2001 - 05:14 PM

I think my first game was Xenogenesis (I didn't get into MegaZeux until around 1997), which is probably why I became so disillusioned with how MegaZeux games should be (i.e. Merlin, blegh).
0

#8 User is offline   CyQ 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 267
  • Joined: 10-March 01

Posted 13 June 2001 - 06:47 PM

I read about MZX somewhere in a txt file included with a ZZT game, so I asked a friend to download it with some games (since I didn't have the internet back then), that's how I got it and for the games I got with it...
- Crystal Cities, first game I ever played
- Dark Ages, second ever
- Then I noticed there was an included game called Caverns and played that
Then I didn't play any other game for a long time, I was just experimenting a bit with side scrolling and 3D, until I got an internet connection, and then after looking for MegaZeux I found this site.

* That about covers his live ;) *

0

#9 User is offline   Maxim 

  • Dismember
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,080
  • Joined: 09-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kyrgyzstan

Posted 13 June 2001 - 07:52 PM

Nerdland.  Heheh.
0

#10 User is offline   Gemini 

  • PixelShips Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 21-November 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 13 June 2001 - 08:48 PM

Hmm... *thinks really really hard and screams in pain for ten seconds straight*

I'm not entirely sure, but the first GOOD game I played was Crystal Cities. I think the first game otherwise (excluding Caverns and the tutorial) sucked big time, which would explain why I don't remember the name of it :P

I actually programmed over 4 incompleted games, (all in the DoA archive on Salty's site), before I even touched anyone else's megazeux creations, including an RPG battle engine which only somewhat sucked.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
"SALTY SALTY SALTY!!! I'm gonna keep calling you that, Cornsalt, until you stop believing I'm Greg! SALTY!!! >:P"

0

#11 User is offline   inmate2993 

  • Not an actual sockpuppet.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,024
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Mystery Bronx Theater 3000

Posted 13 June 2001 - 09:16 PM

Uhh, don't remember the order, so I'll guess.

Caverns
Megakev's Space Adventure
Crystal Cities
Freakish Town
Univers
King's Castle
FCM

I don't remember the rest.

0

#12 User is offline   hob nado 

  • Ancient Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,718
  • Joined: 23-September 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 09:32 PM

I'm surprised nobody else played Caverns first, I did. ^^

MMG6 was the first one I really liked, though. Maybe that game and Caverns were the ONLY ones I ever really liked.

0

#13 User is offline   NoahSoft 

  • DMZX Fo' Life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,552
  • Joined: 14-May 01
  • Location:Canada

Posted 13 June 2001 - 11:10 PM

Caverns crystal cities honor quest 2 pt 1.
Speaking of honour quest. Somebody make pt2!!! YIPEE!!!
0

#14 User is offline   Gemini 

  • PixelShips Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 21-November 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 13 June 2001 - 11:39 PM

Esdemo1: Actually, in the sub-title area of this thread's link it says "if Caverns, please put the next"

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
"Only today's newbies who DL MZXs3.1 or higher as their first Megazeux are unlikely to have played Caverns first :P"

0

#15 User is offline   Goshi 

  • I'm dreadful of DRAGON.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,146
  • Joined: 23-April 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hihoukan

Posted 14 June 2001 - 09:30 AM

Noahsoft: Honor Quest?
You've got to be joking.
0

#16 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 14 June 2001 - 06:40 PM

I played Adlo (full version) first. Made me love MZX even before I knew there was a world editor! Then I played Boom!, then the registered worlds, THEN Caverns. Chronos Stasis was the best the in the Zeux Quintology.
0

#17 User is offline   SNORK 

  • Screw Art I am Art
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 257
  • Joined: 06-April 01
  • Location:The Next World or England whatever

Posted 15 June 2001 - 09:41 AM

[color=Red]
The first megazeux game that i played
was escape from tauras and i have only
recently played caverns

(Edited by SNORK at 4:45 am on June 15, 2001)

0

#18 User is offline   Kayin 

  • The Nethack Samurai
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 08-April 01

Posted 15 June 2001 - 08:06 PM

... Blue Buckaroo 2. I kid you not. Either that or X-Wing. X-Wing was a great game. Not because it was great, but because the first games we played we completely different then the ZZT games we'd play (we as in me and my friend) . It made us happy.
0

#19 User is offline   XColX 

  • PRODOOSAH!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,083
  • Joined: 27-August 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2001 - 07:03 AM

Honor Quest, the original, I think...

I actually don't remember how I got that game. I'm sure it was from the old mWorld archive, but I can't remember how I found it. Oh well. Honor Quest it was.

0

#20 User is offline   Bocco 

  • Some guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 09-February 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2001 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
Quote: from WildWeasel on 2:40 pm on June 14, 2001
I played Adlo (full version) first. Made me love MZX even before I knew there was a world editor! Then I played Boom!, then the registered worlds, THEN Caverns. Chronos Stasis was the best the in the Zeux Quintology.
[/quote]
Really? In my opinion, that was the worst... I like Forest of Ruin best.
0

#21 User is offline   CelesPKGirl 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 424
  • Joined: 02-March 01

Posted 16 June 2001 - 09:55 PM

the first megazuex game I've ever played all the way through would have to be my first mxz game which I made like a few weeks ago. :)  
0

#22 User is offline   megaboy2400 

  • Oldbie.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,054
  • Joined: 20-October 00

Posted 16 June 2001 - 10:39 PM

My fist on was COZX
0

#23 User is offline   CelesPKGirl 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 424
  • Joined: 02-March 01

Posted 19 June 2001 - 12:03 AM

Quote:
Quote: from CelesPKGirl on 4:55 pm on June 16, 2001
the first megazuex game I've ever played all the way through would have to be my first mxz game which I made like a few weeks ago. :) ?
[/quote]

Oh btw, forgot to mention my game I made... well it is called crazyness1 and I've already made a crazyness2. :)

0

#24 User is offline   Hercules 

  • ze Dutchman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 490
  • Joined: 22-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Hague, The Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2001 - 08:34 AM

Ryosuke: whoa, Cecil16 once wanted to join IF, back in 1997. He made Doomsday Legend or something like that.

Anyway, the first MZX games I played after Caverns (I can't remember the exact order) are probably Univers, Blue Buckaroo, Aaah! Bugs Demo, Quest of Durin Prerelease and Honor Quest (original). Probably some more that I got in the first batch of games that a friend of Hydra got from internet.


0

#25 User is offline   BanditAngel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 07-May 01

Posted 20 June 2001 - 11:33 AM

Heck all if I remember the order - It's been years. Lesse, I remember "Code Red" was the last ZZT game I played. Darkness and Weirdness where probably the first two things I played when I started. Honor quest was a lot later, and it took me a while to find the rest of the Caverns series once I realized it even had a sequel :) Caverns was my first though, and I still think that the whole series is one of the finer Megazeux games out there.
0

#26 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:07 PM

Heh. The first Megazeux game I played, way back in 1995, was "Oh No! Not Another Star Wars Parody!" Of course, it screwed up the whole EMS dealies, and I had to reformat, but hey! It worked a year later! #### MZX 1.0.
0

#27 User is offline   Fred 

  • Radical Communist
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 456
  • Joined: 02-November 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 05:40 PM

First games, eh? Well, after Caverns it was Darkness, Honor Quest, Darkness 2, HQ SE, HQ2:C1... Did I mention I really like games by Darren Hewer? I played every one he made, with the exception of Vampire Bats and Honor Quest ZZT, which he lost in a crash (so Gemini's not the first then :-) ).
0

#28 User is offline   Hercules 

  • ze Dutchman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 490
  • Joined: 22-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Hague, The Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2001 - 07:14 PM

Ryo: whoa, nifty! Back in those days, was your nickname "Yotsua"?
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users