dMZX Forums: Zeux Pentology SE - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zeux Pentology SE Could you help a tad?

#1 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 12 June 2001 - 09:46 PM

Hey. I'm thinking of redoing the entire Zeux serise, including the labyrinth. To do so, I'll need Greg's e-mail so I can ask for his permision, and a registered copy of the labyrinth or zeux. I'll also need Remixed music for all 5 games.

If any of you have these, please let me know.


0

#2 User is offline   hob nado 

  • Ancient Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,718
  • Joined: 23-September 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 June 2001 - 10:48 PM

Um, not to be discouraging, but - good luck getting in touch with Greg. ^_^
0

#3 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 13 June 2001 - 12:15 AM

What he said.


Just try doing it anyhow, he might not care. If he does care, and he's reading this forum right now, then he'll have already mailed you anonymously about this whole thing. It would be so awesome to see new Zeux games, cuz the ZZT-esque GFX just get on my nerves.

0

#4 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 13 June 2001 - 12:50 AM

Wel,, if no one knows his e-mail, could someone direct me to a  download of the registered version of labyrinth of zeux?

Also, I still need some new music. the only possible source I know of is the guy who did ZZT Enhancer, and that's only a portion of caverns.

0

#5 User is offline   Akwende 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 03-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 02:20 AM

Go for it, BUT remember they nowadays SE's demand a high level of quality.  In both graphics and engines.  As well as adding significantly to the game play.  So iif you think you can do it, go for it, but make it worth playing.
0

#6 User is offline   arden drake 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 13-June 01

Posted 13 June 2001 - 04:39 PM

I redid Caverns once. Well, I actually just changed some of the wall textures, making them smoother, and added a walk engine to the player. So I guess I didn't redo it, I just tweeked it a little.
0

#7 User is offline   Blackwind 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 26-January 01

Posted 13 June 2001 - 06:56 PM

I can help with graphics on this too!
I always wanted to remake the Zeux games!
i could also do more than graphics if needed
0

#8 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 14 June 2001 - 09:37 PM

One -thought- I had about this is doing up an engine do make everything -display- as 2x2, allowing more detailed graphics but without altering the action gameplay. what do you guys think?

Also, I still need the registered version of Labyrinth of Zeux... did anyone here ever register? Anyone know of a Warez site that has it? Anyone??? Please???

BTW, Blackwind, what do you think of Light-Cycles, and how's the graphics comming?

0

#9 User is offline   Blackwind 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 26-January 01

Posted 14 June 2001 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
Quote: from WNivek on 4:37 pm on June 14, 2001
One -thought- I had about this is doing up an engine do make everything -display- as 2x2, allowing more detailed graphics but without altering the action gameplay. what do you guys think?

Also, I still need the registered version of Labyrinth of Zeux... did anyone here ever register? Anyone know of a Warez site that has it? Anyone??? Please???

BTW, Blackwind, what do you think of Light-Cycles, and how's the graphics comming?[/quote]

yay 2x2

the graphics are coming along
I'm putting together a world the shows different "choices?" of graphics for stuff

expect it absolutly no later than sunday

0

#10 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 15 June 2001 - 03:01 AM

Another idea is to give the player options for what kinds of battles they like, so you can have built in encounters, RPG battles, or maybe replace the monsters with inventory puzzles or mini-games. What do you guys think about that?

and what are your opinions on requiring the player to  play through all of one game to get to the next?

If you were wondering, another reason I thought of doing an engine to make the game display with 2x2 per object was that I wanted to get more deatiled graphics, but many of the boards are already near the board size limits.

0

#11 User is offline   Blackstream 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 15-June 01

Posted 15 June 2001 - 09:23 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Artith on 5:16 pm on June 12, 2001
Greg probably wont want to talk to a "user of his most regretable error" Just go right ahead... He wont mind.... believe me.
[/quote]

Why does Greg consider Megazeux to be his "most regretable error"??  Megazeux seems okay to me....

0

#12 User is offline   Prophy 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 715
  • Joined: 15-June 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 15 June 2001 - 05:39 PM

Yay! This is my first post! Anyway - I registered Labyrinth of Zeux ages ago, and I've put a copy up for download here.

Please let me know if you get it! :1roll:

0

#13 User is offline   Blackstream 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 15-June 01

Posted 15 June 2001 - 08:58 PM

So Greg said Megazeux was a waste of his time because he didn't make a profit???  How sad... another great programmer falling by the way of evil Capitalism...
0

#14 User is offline   Exophase 

  • Laughing on the inside.
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 7,155
  • Joined: 23-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, OH

Posted 15 June 2001 - 09:02 PM

I know several people who registered.. I don't know what Greg's expenses were but I don't see how he couldn't have made a significant profit. Maybe he thinks he deserves several thousand dollars or something :P

- Exo

0

#15 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 16 June 2001 - 05:16 AM

Wow, thanks Prophet!

While trying to find it on my own, I stumbled on an older shareware version of it. I like the title screen better, but the controls were wierd, especialy on my laptop, because it uses Alt & Ctrl to move left and right. No real problem on a regulat keyboard, but my laptop has no ctrl key on the right side, and the ones on the left are in the other order, so CTRL (right) is to the left of ALT.

0

#16 User is offline   Bocco 

  • Some guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 09-February 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2001 - 04:28 PM

Well, I definitely wouldn't disagree that, after making such a stable and widely-followed GCS, Greg deserves a decent profit margin.
0

#17 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 16 June 2001 - 11:26 PM

/me hands his wallet over to Artith

(Edited by WNivek at 7:30 pm on June 16, 2001)

0

#18 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 18 June 2001 - 12:16 AM

Hey WNivek, if you really are working on this, why dont you try starting a development journal in the GameDev forum? This would really help the public know how youre doing on the game.
0

#19 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 18 June 2001 - 03:26 AM

Because, at the moment, I'm finishing my Light Cycles game. Plus, I'm planning on getting a summer job soon, and I'm -also- going to try to learn Visual C++... I guess I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew... Hey, that reminds me, I still have the first board of that Sci-fi adventure I was going to do, and the first board and a half of that comedy game, and the beginnings of that Oxyd engine, and the extreme beginings of that MZX OS I was working on...    Why do I do this to myself... Maybe I shouldn't talk about plans.

If any of you want my various unfinished works, let me know.

Oh, that's right! I -did- finish something! A strobe light for MZX, with terrible graphics.

woo! I'm good! well, maybe not. but still... !

0

#20 User is offline   BanditAngel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 07-May 01

Posted 20 June 2001 - 11:40 AM

For the love of the game? Whatever happened to that anyways? Even today people invest lots of time just to enrich a rather small online community - Star Control 2, another old game, currently has an entire sequel being made by some very talented people (Here's hoping it gets finished!). Lots of people make "mods" for existing games that take a good degree of effort with little return. Not to mention the few of us that actually make games :)

I admit, it's a shame he didn't make more money off of it, but the real pity is that he considers that to be a "mistake" :(

0

#21 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 03:32 PM

Ook. GReg JAnson has problems, though. Everyone's just out to make money these days. Sigh.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users