This essentially entails providing the app with a single file to run (which can be pointed to with a custom manifest). Of course, MegaZeux normally starts with a file prompt. I was able to get it to launch an included MegaZeux binary that starts on the actual game on Windows rather easily with a cmd file:
start "" "mzxrun.exe" QualityTV.mzx
Mac OS, however, is proving much trickier to work with. For some reason, the Mac OS version of Megazeux doesn't seem to accept file input (such as file association, dragging a file into the app, or supplying a file as an argument). Specifically, it acts as though it can accept it (gets highlighted and whatnot), but simply opens the default directory like usual.
This is a big problem, because it means that I can't get it to launch the game correctly. The only other way I know of to get this working is with the config file's startup_path and startup_file variables.
The config file, however, has its own problems. There are two functions I need that I'm not sure how to express within the config file's startup_path:
- I need to be able to get the current user's home directory (something like [username]/Library/etc...)
- I need to express spaces within the path (since the itch app stores games within "Application Support")
Is there any way to express these? Failing that, is there any other way to get the Mac version of Megazeux to run a specific file within the same directory?
This post has been edited by crazyal02: 15 July 2016 - 10:07 PM

Help





