dMZX Forums: Cameos - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cameos WaNt OnE?

#1 User is offline   Luigi Radar 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 07-February 01

Posted 12 June 2001 - 09:17 PM

I am making a non-serious RPG game. Does :biggrin: anyone want a cameo? Just asking. I mean if you don't I won't get mad. :chainsaw: Please? :confused:  I think this will be one of my  better games.
So if you want to be in my game :cwm10: then please tell me. :Dance1: I'd be realy happy if you did. I'M really looking forward to your replies. :jump: I mean, I think it would be awesome if someone like Inmate2993 or CornSalt said something....but that probably won't happen. :laugh: That's a good joke. Remember, a cameo a day keeps the Cheesecake Avenger away. :smash:
0

#2 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 12 June 2001 - 09:51 PM

Sure. I'm in.

I'm newish to the comunity, havn't yet released anything, am good with robots, okay at stories, and prety bad at other MZX things. I'm working on a Light Cycles game, and am considering a remake of the entire Zeux Pentology. I also highly enjoy puns.

Just letting you know, so my cameo, if you give me one, can kinda be acurate.

0

#3 User is offline   hob nado 

  • Ancient Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,718
  • Joined: 23-September 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 June 2001 - 10:43 PM

Ooh...I might have signed up for a cameo, but all the smileys killed your credibility. =P

This is pretty much the only subject that pisses me off...if you're going to make a cameo game in the first place, which I really wouldn't advise, don't bother with the cameo soliciting. Just be merciful to the rest of us and cameo your poor victims...ask them permission if you really want to.

Great Scott, you people are all the same. Go be original. This stuff is choking MZX...

0

#4 User is offline   Tixus 

  • cancelled by fox
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 1,841
  • Joined: 11-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 12 June 2001 - 11:58 PM

Ech..Not another. ?Perhaps you aren't aware of this, Radar, but CAMEO GAMES ARE BEING MADE TO DEATH!!! ?It's almost as if we're seeing a new cameo game being promised, weekly. ? What I'm wondering is why it seems to be a new trend, among newbies especially (Not to offend any of the new-comers), to make a game with cameos. ?From what I've gathered, people who make cameo games, and ask publicly if anyone wants one, just want to be the center of attention. ?Please, go do something original for a change.
0

#5 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 13 June 2001 - 12:13 AM

Tixus: The only cameos I ever do of ANYBODY at all are any Lemon staffer, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Rook Eldain. I mean, sure, Life of Mr. ASCII has a cameo of Luigi Radar (or James Rocket), but that's only cuz he asked nicely. I am, technically, not a newbie. I mean, I'm new to the community, but I've had general experience with MZX. Less than 7 months and I'm already making stuff like overlay head engines from scratch. Yet I still can't make a decent sidescroller engine that didn't turn into the old freeware classic Jetpack. Strange, isn't it?
0

#6 User is offline   NoahSoft 

  • DMZX Fo' Life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,552
  • Joined: 14-May 01
  • Location:Canada

Posted 13 June 2001 - 12:28 AM

You stole my role as the smily abuser!!! :cwm10: ARG! I'VE LOST WHAT LITTLE FACE I HAVE IN THE MZX COMMUNITY!!!:facelick: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :grhair:
I'm so angry I could explode!!! :cwm28:
How could this happen to me?
0

#7 User is offline   cornsalt 

  • lets talk shop!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 949
  • Joined: 28-September 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2001 - 12:43 AM

cornsalt says in the 3rd person:
"cornsalt dont remember nothing bout that, cornsalt should be studying for exam, cornsalt hate talking in 3rd person so will stop now"
cameos are fUn
0

#8 User is offline   Tixus 

  • cancelled by fox
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 1,841
  • Joined: 11-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 13 June 2001 - 12:52 AM

...Strange. ?I wasn't directing that towards you, Weasel. ?I was directing it towards everyone who promises a comedy game, and then asks for people who want to be cameoed. ?Don't be so insecure.

(Edited by Tixus at 7:53 pm on June 12, 2001)

0

#9 User is offline   arden drake 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 13-June 01

Posted 13 June 2001 - 05:01 PM

I would like a cameo. If you need any ideas for a comedic laugh, ask me. I'm full of it... I mean them.
0

#10 User is offline   barbarian 

  • Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,561
  • Joined: 11-June 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland

Posted 18 June 2001 - 07:49 PM

When will you kiddie's ever learn? :p  The concept of a Cameo-based game, based on the MegaZeux community, is as follows: (IMHO)

1) One get's to know a select group of people in a community, or better still get's to know all of the people he can know in the community.

2) One decides that on the project at hand (A MegaZeux Cameo-Style game), and queries people regarding the plot of the game. (e.g. "I was thinking of including you in my game...")

3) The plot is compiled after considering those who accepted the offer of a cameo.

However, if one chooses to bend these rules greatly, and begin "mass-cameoing", the results will definately be, an unenjoyable and mostly not funny MegaZeux game, starring the people stupid enough or low enough in the community to allow themselves to be on of the many "mass-cameoed".  The entire,"Hello there, what's your name? And do you want a cameo?" Technique rarely builds a complete and enjoyable MegaZeux game, but rather one filled with strangers and idiots.   Bare in mind, if you wish to reply to this, all of this was written according to my _OWN OPINION_.

0

#11 User is offline   Gemini 

  • PixelShips Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 21-November 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 19 June 2001 - 02:15 AM

Barbarian: You directed MY thread HERE even after I posted several messages saying I wasn't making said MZX games anymore and was only going to put ONE cameo in anyways as a storyline element as someone who gets killed off??? Geeze, you either don't keep up on what's happening on the boards or have an ego as big as my own :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
"He's mad at this guy for chewing his thread out."

0

#12 User is offline   Tixus 

  • cancelled by fox
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 1,841
  • Joined: 11-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 19 June 2001 - 03:45 AM

[url="https://www.digitalmzx.com/forums/topic.c....me"][url="https://www.digitalmzx.com/forums/topic.c....me"]https://www.digitalm...s/topic.c....me[/url][/url] doesn't feel like re-typing it
0

#13 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 03:16 AM

"Hello would yuo liek a cameeoh in mai gam? I am gud att mejazoox, and Ie wannt yuo too bee in mai gam!"

Alright, I've had enough of this. WOULD YOU LIKE TO STOP BEING A COMPLETE MORON!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARGH! Games with cameos built into the story are funny. Games with a story based around cameos are not, GET IT!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

0

#14 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 22 June 2001 - 04:44 AM

"Hello would yuo liek a cameeoh in mai gam? I am gud att mejazoox, and Ie wannt yuo too bee in mai gam!"

Whoa, it's Bhirsh13! ?:)

byebyebyebyebye

0

#15 User is offline   Eagle1 

  • Not to be Confused with the U.S. Postal Service
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: 11-October 00
  • Location:The Scenic Cornfields of Indiana

Posted 22 June 2001 - 12:07 PM

*blink* *blink*
0

#16 User is offline   skyeblade 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 302
  • Joined: 27-November 00
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 22 June 2001 - 07:21 PM

I want to be the dude that makes chocolate milk to you and sells it for a lot of mone ybut it's the best item in the game.  That's all I ask.  >:D

(Edited by skyeblade at 2:22 pm on June 22, 2001)

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users