dMZX Forums: MZXak GOLD - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MZXak GOLD soon soon

#1 User is offline   Akwende 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 03-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2001 - 03:15 AM

I will release MZXak and MZXrun GOLD soon.  GOLD is ver 1.1 where I have fixed all of the problems with SMZX_MODE. It still won't work on Voodoo cards, however it should have no problems on any other cards.

I've also added Blast Counter Access.  Where reading certain builtin counters is very fast.  This was in responce to the fact that when doing allot of inserted counter names via &name& slowed down certain engines.

I've also resolved the unpleasentness with the loading colors.

0

#2 User is offline   Rodrin 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 12-January 01

Posted 16 June 2001 - 03:52 AM

No Voodoo support? Darn, im stuck here with a Voodoo 3 and still no MZXAK, Shucks! =)
0

#3 User is offline   WNivek 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-June 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Brunswick, NJ

Posted 16 June 2001 - 05:04 AM

Why did everyone hate the pink loading screen? I -like- it. Sure, it's a little hard to read, but unless you've never used MegaZeux before, it shouldn't concern you at all... and for those who think it's ugly, you normaly only see it for less than a second anyway...

There was an idea I had for MZXAK... oh yeah. I have seen Dos-based MZX char editors that deal with two 256 char sets at once. Any chance that can be incorperated or imitaded? If it doesn't work with EGA... Who uses EGA these days?

And are you going to adress the annoyence of your new mode-counters remaining in effect even when you load a different world? It bugs me a tad when I load on a normal MZX world and the chars are all wierd and blurry...

Also, I'd love to be able to manipulate and store strings of text, like "input". I'm sure lots of people would love to be able to ask for the players name and use it throughout the game.

While im at making sugestions... fix the "key" counter. ya know the one, set to the value of the number or letter you last hit. could you make it register all the keys? or how'bout a new "if" contition: insertpressed? That's a key I'd like to be able to use... or more "key" labels like "key/" or "key`"?

0

#4 User is offline   Rodrin 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 12-January 01

Posted 16 June 2001 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, I have been looking forward to F-Key support, the ability to save and load games through Robotic without using the normal MegaZeux save/load filename selector and a way to disable or enable the status screen. Or even (I know this might cause some conflict between the MZXers but...) a way to display a Bitmap or other full color image on the screen just for a intro or logo.
0

#5 User is offline   Akwende 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 03-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2001 - 06:18 AM

sorry like previously stated no new commands.  Also strings are not supported.  GOLD is primarily a bug fix update only a few new features and no new counters.

Remember only SMXZ is not compatable with Voodoo, all the other features work great!.

Yes, MZXAKVERSION and SMZX_MODE are now removed when no MZXak gaems are loaded.

0

#6 User is offline   craNKGod 

  • Stan DARSH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 185
  • Joined: 25-April 01
  • Location:DIE

Posted 16 June 2001 - 02:16 PM

I have a suggestion; let MZXrun and MZX itself use different configuration files.  Sound works fine for me in MZXrun, but in MZX it doesn't.
0

#7 User is offline   Aelun the Bard 

  • Apprentice Bard
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: 12-April 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2001 - 04:13 PM

I know the editor source is lost, but would it be possible to allow the user direct access to all 256 colors?  The idea of more colors intrigues me, and the use of four colors at a time in a char reminds me of the times I've spent looking at those 8X8 tile thingies for Nintendo games in Nesticle (if that made any sense).
0

#8 User is offline   Spike 

  • I had nothing to do with it.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: 24-October 00

Posted 16 June 2001 - 09:17 PM

Heyheyhey, That's a good idea, make the status thingy either off, or toggleable! It can be pretty annoying. Also, is there any way to fix the annoying PC speaker BLEEPING! whenever you hold a key other than del, space, or an arrowkey? That'd rock too, but I'm not really a programmer, just a suggestion. :-P
0

#9 User is offline   Akwende 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 03-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 June 2001 - 01:42 AM

No the 256 colors are not directly accessible,

Also to get rid of speaker sound just configure your sound without the internal speaker.  Heck I do, I don't know what peopld would want to hear those sounds.

Spike: the status thingy?

0

#10 User is offline   Bocco 

  • Some guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 09-February 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 June 2001 - 12:32 AM

Hahaha, all you voodoo wielders! As of last night, I have a GeForce 3! Yes, it is beautiful.
0

#11 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 June 2001 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Bocco on 7:32 pm on June 17, 2001
Hahaha, all you voodoo wielders! As of last night, I have a GeForce 3! Yes, it is beautiful.[/quote]

Isn't it nice to have spent so much money on something that has barely any support right now.. you should have waited for more programs to support it and it to lower in price. But what you do with your 踰 is your own business..

0

#12 User is offline   Exophase 

  • Laughing on the inside.
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 7,155
  • Joined: 23-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, OH

Posted 18 June 2001 - 05:30 AM

But then he couldn't brag as much while we all laughed at him :p You can get a good one for 跥, though.

- Exo

0

#13 User is offline   Padogle 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 473
  • Joined: 11-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 June 2001 - 08:30 PM

Uh, why would somebody want to spend money on something like that anyways? I've had the same ol video card since I bought this computer, and any game I play works fine.
0

#14 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 June 2001 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Exophase on 12:30 am on June 18, 2001
But then he couldn't brag as much while we all laughed at him :p You can get a good one for 跥, though.

- Exo
[/quote]

It reminds me of the time when CD players were still new technology, and my old next door neighbor (who my parents didn't like, I was too busy not liking their daughter who was my age to not liek them) spent over 񘘐+ on a CD player. And it was just a regular CD player with no features at all.. And CDs still hadn't caught on yet. A year later the price dropped drastically..

0

#15 User is offline   weasel 

  • bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 23-December 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillsboro, Oregon

Posted 19 June 2001 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
Quote: from Bocco on 5:32 pm on June 17, 2001
Hahaha, all you voodoo wielders! As of last night, I have a GeForce 3! Yes, it is beautiful.
[/quote]
I have a TNT2 card, SMZX runs without a hitch. Sure, it can hardly run most newer games like Tribes 2, but SMZX is perfect.
0

#16 User is offline   skyeblade 

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 302
  • Joined: 27-November 00
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 19 June 2001 - 10:16 PM

Lol, Poopoo 3.

Quote:
Quote: from SEGA on 7:57 pm on June 17, 2001
Quote:
Quote: from Bocco on 7:32 pm on June 17, 2001
Hahaha, all you voodoo wielders! As of last night, I have a GeForce 3! Yes, it is beautiful.[/quote]

Isn't it nice to have spent so much money on something that has barely any support right now.. you should have waited for more programs to support it and it to lower in price. But what you do with your 踰 is your own business..
[/quote]

0

#17 User is offline   Exophase 

  • Laughing on the inside.
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 7,155
  • Joined: 23-October 00
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, OH

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:17 AM

skyblade, are you capable of making a purposeful, completely unoffensive, non pathetic post?

- Exo

0

#18 User is offline   Bocco 

  • Some guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 09-February 01
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2001 - 02:54 AM

####... now I do feel like I wasted money, since FF8 PC and The Sims look bad with the new card. :/ Maybe if I download new drivers... I doubt it. At least the included demos look great. :p
0

#19 User is offline   SEGA 

  • Major Ace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Deactivated
  • Posts: 1,721
  • Joined: 21-October 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2001 - 03:51 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Exophase on 9:17 pm on June 19, 2001
skyblade, are you capable of making a purposeful, completely unoffensive, non pathetic post?

- Exo
[/quote]

What do you think?

0

#20 User is offline   Aeon17 

  • Riders of the Apocalypse Needed - Apply within
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 21-October 00

Posted 20 June 2001 - 04:04 AM

Stupid questions get bland answers.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users