dMZX Forums: Are you a programmer or an artist? - dMZX Forums

Jump to content

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you a programmer or an artist?

#31 User is offline   Red Penguin 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 832
  • Joined: 05-June 05
  • Location:Computer :D

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

I would prefer myself as a programmer. I like Mzx because it was the first game making, movie making, awesome graphics making (for begginers), simple stuff making, program I have ever got. I also think it is the best out of all programs for game making, movie making, awesome graphics making (for begginers), simple stuff making. :(
...
0

#32 User is offline   Nahah 

  • It is what it is, isn't it?
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 22-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

... you said "awesome graphics making (for begginers)" twice.
0

#33 User is offline   CJA 

  • «≡larch bucket≡»
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,262
  • Joined: 23-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:......@.c....

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

I'm into MZX mostly for the programming simplicity. And, well, I'm a bit of a musician and dislike games with no music. MZX is both a nice method to program and a reason to create music for me. And, I can never say that I'm not a good storyteller. Graphics/art aren't really my specialty (but I've seen worse)

So basically, 99% for the programming, 10% for the music. And 5% other. XD
Need a dispenser here.
0

#34 User is offline   Red Penguin 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 832
  • Joined: 05-June 05
  • Location:Computer :D

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:49 PM

Nahah, on Dec 16 2005, 10:59 PM, said:

... you said "awesome graphics making (for begginers)" twice.

So?
...
0

#35 User is offline   Koji 

  • End
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,644
  • Joined: 15-November 01
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:US, NC

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

Programmer: I'd say I'm a faily good programmer, not anything FANTASTIC, but I have knack for making new things in mzx that are actually quite simple.

Artist: I'm average... That is to say that I don't completely suck, but it's not really good either.

Musician: I can track a little, but I don't make a practice of it. I'm sure if I did I'd become quite good, but oh well.

I'm an "in general" person. A jack of all trades and master of none ^_^
0

#36 User is offline   apage43 

  • Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,199
  • Joined: 13-November 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:44 PM

I'm a programmer. I wish I could be an artist but it's really difficult for me :(
0

#37 User is offline   Bramble 

  • Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,859
  • Joined: 19-March 04
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:50 PM

what the heck..everyone can be an artist, everyone can be a storyteller.. nothing official about it. As long as you enjoy it.
0

#38 User is offline   Red Penguin 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 832
  • Joined: 05-June 05
  • Location:Computer :D

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:00 PM

apage43, on Dec 17 2005, 01:44 PM, said:

I wish I could be an artist but it's really difficult for me :(


Posted Image

You are a 3D artist you know. :(

This post has been edited by Red Penguin: 17 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

...
0

#39 User is offline   apage43 

  • Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,199
  • Joined: 13-November 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

That was insanely simple.
Zztman = a cube with rectangels extruded from the top and bottom then subsurfed
Santa hat = A circle, duplicated, filled, extruded, scaled in, extruded again, then scaled in a bunch, with a ball on top filling in the hole.
0

#40 User is offline   Red Penguin 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 832
  • Joined: 05-June 05
  • Location:Computer :D

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:34 PM

Not simple for me =( I don't know how to draw textures. Though I did make this...

Posted Image

Edit:Lol... now I took that picture and made it go on a box =O lol

This post has been edited by Red Penguin: 17 December 2005 - 09:40 PM

...
0

#41 User is offline   Quasar84 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 182
  • Joined: 10-July 01

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:07 PM

Programming: I can usually accomplish what I set my mind to, as long as I have plenty of time and efficiency isn't important. =\
Art: I'm not too shabby.
Music: I am tonedeaf. =(
0

#42 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

  • 電波、届いた?
  • Group: DigiStaff
  • Posts: 8,936
  • Joined: 20-March 02
  • Location:ur mom nmiaow

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

Quasar84, on Dec 17 2005, 05:07 PM, said:

Art: I'm not too shabby.

rofl

yeah well, leonardo da vinci wasn't too shabby either =p
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(
0

#43 User is offline   Malik_Gynax 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 18-December 05
  • Location:USA

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:59 AM

I'm a programmer. I love making interesting things work in MZX. Graphics? I almost always just re-use the same graphics in a totally different game. The only exception would be my Journey of Erith 2, where I was really focused on making it highly visual. I succeeded, with lots of effort.

Programming is a skill that comes easily to me, not art.
0

#44 User is offline   Tox 

  • Gay cowboy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,380
  • Joined: 25-January 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toowoomba, Queensland. Australia.

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

I'm now a student of fine arts, so I'm an artist I'm thinking. Go me. Niftily enough, I'm not a hideous programmer, either, though still not a particularly good one.

Megazeux, as a game-creation system, could be considered a digital medium for artists, a programming interface to programmers, and... some sort of musical outlet for musicians. It suits everyone! Yay! Corn.
lesser.swampling@hotmail.com

"about the only aisle a guy can walk into in that store and still feel heterosexual is the candy aisle."
"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."
0

#45 User is offline   KKairos 

  • not an actual chipmunk
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,245
  • Joined: 05-August 00
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:44 AM

Programmer.
darganflayer.net kaikairos.dev itch.io
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users